Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Wow! They Have Nick Cave Dolls Now...

I reconnected with a friend of mine named Greta via email today. It made me really happy to hear from her. She is a farmer in Fargo, North Dakota. We shared a work-shack for a bit back in Montana, pressing cookies for the kiddies to dunk in their milk while missing they mommas.

Thunderations!

Anyway, she was hootin' about my garden, so I got busy, harvested some food and took some pictures. Somehow it is all connected.

It is a little tight back here, I will admit.

The "polycultural" gardening hasn't really impressed me much.

It was kind of fun to watch, but it's such a mess and I feel like I am missing out on something. I must be.

I scooped Swiss Chard today. It's so savory I love it. I'm always out there chewing on my cud.

Here is some Lemon Thyme that Dan gave me from the garden on Frankford Avenue. I hope it takes root, the rosemary didn't. That's real ice tea ya'll, how it glows.

Seven stars basil equals seven stars pesto. This is the first real pull from the basil this year. What have I become, we usually roll in the stuff. Look at my tea!

This is our third yellow squash. It looks like a rocket!


I need to take better notes all in all. The polycultural thing is bust, I hacked off some beet greens thinking they were Swiss Chard. Fail to plan, plan to fail. I'm pushing the limits. I gotta have a code.

1 comment: