Saturday, June 13, 2009

Set Your Mind

Hey, I want to introduce you to another sister of mine; her name is Stephanie. She is a really dynamite individual, and has touched a lot of people's lives, mine included. She is a very loving person, despite all of the tumult and strife she endured for a large portion of her life. Her faith in God has been at the center of her life for as long as I can remember. She does well living out the "fruit of the Spirit." She is also very funny and witty.

Stephanie is asleep right now, in a diprovan-induced sleep, and is being made to breathe with a ventilator. She is a very sick girl, but she looks very peaceful and restful. Her skin is as beautiful as ever, smooth, radiant and milky. She has been asleep June 9th. I was able to spend five days with her before the doctors decided to induce sleep. She was in a great deal of pain and discomfort all of those days, barely slept, and when she did, it was restless.

I hope and pray for her to recover from her maladies, but it is thought to be a long, long road. Please keep Stephanie in your thoughts and prayers, or when you are looking up, smelling flowers or whatever you do to generate positivity.

This bracelet belongs to Stephanie. She doesn't know I have it. I put it on the day she had her last surgery (when they decided to put her under). I was going to wear it until I see her healthy, or she asks me to return it.


Here is a picture of some of the things she is growing. While I was visiting, I was able to use some of her fresh basil in some beet salad and some parsley in a Lima bean salad I made.

Stephanie's mind is often set on "things above." Her mind is also often on the needs, desires and feelings of others. Even while she lay in a hospital bed, grimacing in pain, she managed to remain polite and thoughtful.

No comments:

Post a Comment