Friday, May 22, 2009

CSA in the House! 5/21/09

I picked up the CSA yesterday! The weather was great, as were the Snooks. Mariko, Owen and I went down to pick up our loot together-always fun. I will get a picture of them next week. Below is a picture of our bounty this week. The strawberries are delicious! The scallions and the yellow radishes pass as well. The highlighted de-light of the week though is the Flashy Trout romaine pictured below. Check it out.

This is the pre-packing list of produce ordered for your share: 1 head flashy trout back Romaine Lettuce – certified organic – Riverview Organics 2 bunches scallions – certified organic/transitional – Country Boy and Taste of Nature Farm 1 bunch radishes – certified organic – Goshen View or Hillside Organics 1/2 lb baby greens – certified organic – Elm Tree Organics 2 mixed baby head lettuces – transitional – Taste of Nature Farm 1 8oz package cremini mushrooms – certified organic – Mother Earth Organics 1 pint strawberries – certified organic – Green Valley Organics

Here is the Flashy Trout romaine. That's not rot you see; the lettuce is mottled with a beautiful red color. I ate about four big leaves of this stuff last night. I would describe the taste as savory, and the texture as buttery. It felt kind of silky in my mouth. Can't wait! Well, I didn't, I guess.

And lastly, before it goes into the ice box, we lay it before Lucius for his inspection. He agrees, delicious again Peter.
Grow well, pick well, eat well.

No comments:

Post a Comment