Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Metaphors, Shaken, Not Stirred

Wow, what a classic rock mix-up. I coulda been kilt!

In the last post ("schwekee, schwekee, schwekee"), I think I was mixing up the guitar at the end of "Sweet Emotion" and the guiro in "Gimme Shelter."

See, them's fightin' words in some circles, especially considering Aerosmith, for a time, was labled a "Rolling Stones knockoff." Perhaps they violated The Code of Non-Infringement (or "The Code") from time to time, but drastic measures such as "Janie's Got a Gun," "Love in an Elevator," and pairing up with Run DMC for a "Walk This Way" remake helped them shake the lable.

I think I just found another "schwekee, schwekee, schwekee" instance: "Walkin' the Dog." Look for that one, you gotta hear it. I believe it's the side of a guitar pick rubbing on guitar strings. Say it with me: "schwekee, schwekee, schwekee."

Rub well.

No comments:

Post a Comment